If the merfolk are to be believed, there is a deep trench in the Kimean Sea between Valkae and the coast of Sortium in which the Deep Ones dwell. The Deep Ones are large slow moving humanoid creatures with fish-like maws.
They fanatically worship the Great Old Ones, particularly Cthulhu and spread their religion by mating with surface dwellers. Valkae, Sortium, Malohades and Tropilium have lost entire villages to Deep One raiders.
The children, the Deep One Spawn, appear as human when they are young, but over time they mutate into Deep Ones. Between the ages of fifty and sixty, the transformation is complete and the Deep One goes into the sea.
The figures are from Reaper Miniatures Bones range of plastic figures, but they are also available in metal. I painted up two packs of Deep One Warriors and one pack of Deep One Priest and Servitor. They painted up quickly and I’m pleased with how they turned out. They won’t win any Golden Demon awards, but they look great on the table.
This brings my total count of miniatures painted this year to 141 – only 379 to go to reach my goal of 520 figures.
- 28 28mm Fantasy Figures
- 59 10mm Seven Years War Figures
- 28 28mm Old West Figures
- 5 28mm Colonial Era Figures
- 15 20mm Spanish Civil War Figures
- 18 28mm Science Fiction Figures
- Rebased 11 28mm Science Fiction Figures
- 35 Terrain PiecesI think all of this figure painting is getting to my brain – I used to listen to 18th century military music when painting SYW figures, the Blade Runner soundtrack when painting Sci Fi, Western movie soundtracks when painting Old West figures, and so on. But now, heaven help me, I put on a playlist of K-Pop with lots of Black Pink.