The second unit is finished! I worked on the project 2.5 hours today. I finished the 12 figure Spears of the Winged Skull. I have now finished 24 models. I also applied the zenithal highlight to the third unit. I’ve spent a total of 33.5 hours on the project.
I corrected mistakes, painted details and added the final highlights and while the paint on the second unit was drying, I applied the zenithal highlight to the third unit – Spears of the Golden Serpent.
After giving everything plenty of time to dry, I applied a matte varnish finish.
The last thing I did today was to flock the bases. Tomorrow, I’ll photograph the unit for my blog and the Two Hour Wargames forum. I need to pick up the pace a bit, there’s only 11 days left in the month and I have lots of Dark Elves in the queue.